sábado, 4 de enero de 2014


DEAR STUDENTS


YOU CAN DO THESE EXERCISES TO PRACTICE THE USE OF CAN


UNIDAD EDUCATIVA “IBARRA”

EXERCISES WITH CAN

NAME: _____________________ CLASS: ______ DATE: _____ NUMBER: ____

EXERCISE A

Unscramble the following sentences.

1 play / can / she / the / trumpet/ ?   ________________________________________
2 write / can / they / e-mails / ?        ________________________________________
3 watch / TV / can / I / ?                  ________________________________________
4. the / tree / can / climb/ the / cat / ? _______________________________________
5. brother / your / draw / can / pictures / ? ___________________________________
6. talk / parrot / the / can / ?                       ___________________________________
7. come / can / when / you / ?                    ___________________________________
8. do / what / we / can / ?                           ___________________________________
9. can / have / our / friends / where / lunch / ? ________________________________
10. can / your / so / fast / how / sing / sister / ? _______________________________


EXERCISE B
Complete the sentences with can or can't.


 
1 ______ she fly a kite?  Yes, she _____.
2. _____ they write these words? No. they _____.
3. ______ Shakira sing songs in Italian? Yes, she _____
4. _____ I open the window please?  No, you _________ It’s cold.
5. _____ Gabriel speak Quichua? No, he ________.
6. _____ we meet our friends?   Yes, _____    _______.
7. ______ he ride a snowboard? No, _____    ________
8. _______ the girls swim? Yes, ______   ______.
9. _______ you help me?  No, right now.
10 _______ the frog sing? No, it ________. 

EXERCISE C

Complete the sentences with can or can't.

Principio del formulario
1.Where _______ I see a good rock concert?
2. ________ Lisa speak French?  No, she ________
3.  Who ________ do the math exercises?
4. ______ Patricia drive?  Yes, she _______
5. Where _______ I buy a new camera?
6. _______ you read in Portuguese? No, I ______
7. _______ I invite my friends to the party ?  Yes, they ________ come.
8. _______ you help me, please?
9. _______ you play the piano?
10. I _______ find my keys. Where are they?

EXERCISE D
1.    I ______ swim. ( aff)
2.    You _______draw. (neg)
3.    He ______ cook. (aff)
4.    She _____walk. (neg)
5.    It ______ jump. (aff)
6.    We _____ ski. ( neg)
7.    You ______ read. ( aff)
8.    They ______ count in English. ( neg)
9.    Doris ______ sail. ( aff)
10.

 
Walter and Laura ______ sing songs in Chinese. (neg)

EXERCISE E
Choose the correct answer. Use can / can’t

1 I ……….. go out tonight. I'm busy.
2 You ……….. park here. It's no parking.
3 …………..you tell me the time, please?
4 She ……….. speak English well.
5 I ……………. play football, but not basketball.
EXERCISE F
1.    Where ______ I park my car?
2.    Where ______ I see him?
3.    _________  you help me with my homework?
4.    You _______  smoke there, but not here.
5.    Sorry. I _________remember the answer.
6.    I  ________  speak Spanish and Italian.

EXERCISE G

Complete the sentences with can or can't.

1. She __________ fly but she can run.

2. She _________watch TV, it is too late.

3. I'm sorry you _________use this knife. It's too dangerous.

4. Yes, I _________see a bird in the tree.

5. She can't write but she _________read !

6. He ________watch that cartoon on TV. It's only available on DVD's.

7. Yes, of course you _________ have a glass of water.

8. No, I _________hear you. Speak up, please.

 
EXERCISE H

Add can or can't to the following sentences.

Example: You can speak English.

1. Monkeys ____________ talk.
2. Pigs _____ dance.
3. I ________   play the piano, but Cory can't.
4. You ________ go on vacation. It's too expensive.
5. _________ I borrow some money?
6. I don't know the answer. _________ you tell me?
7. Tony _______ come tonight, he's too busy.
8. Jim makes great food. He __________ cook really well.
9. Excuse me, we _________ see the movie.
10. It's too noisy. We __________ study well.

EXERCISE I
Unscramble the following sentences.
Example: speak can you English. - You can speak English.
1      you / can / play / the / violin?            ____________________________
2      draw / they / can’t / well ?                 ____________________________
3      play / I / basketball / can ?                 ____________________________
4      we / can / come / house /to / your ?   ____________________________
5      she /  sleep / can’t                              ____________________________
6      you / cook / can ?                              ____________________________ 
7      watch / can / television / I / ?            ____________________________
EXERCISE J
Complete with can or can’t
1      __________ she skate?
2      Help ! I __________ swim.
3      We ________ sail a boat, no problem.
4      ______ you ride a bike well?
5      She can speak Shuar but she _________ write it.
6     I _________________ do these exercises. They're easy.

 
7      _______ Tom do his homework?
8      My teacher _______ speak English very well.
9      Daniel _________ watch TV. He’s very busy.
10  An elephant _________ fly.
Match the sentence beginnings and endings. Type the letter in the box.

1
https://elt.oup.com/images/elt/product_site_graphics/clocktransparent.gif
What languages can
A
they go home?
2
https://elt.oup.com/images/elt/product_site_graphics/clocktransparent.gif
He can play golf
B
or French.
3
https://elt.oup.com/images/elt/product_site_graphics/clocktransparent.gif
How many sports
C
and football.
4
https://elt.oup.com/images/elt/product_site_graphics/clocktransparent.gif
I can swim but
D
I can't ski.
5
https://elt.oup.com/images/elt/product_site_graphics/clocktransparent.gif
She can't speak German
E
can he play?
6
https://elt.oup.com/images/elt/product_site_graphics/clocktransparent.gif
When can
F
you speak?


Teacher: Ms. Carmita Cortez Narváez


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario